Teams of students are given a case study based on a real company with a specific operations management problem. Teams will develop solutions and present them in written form and as an oral presentation.
The entire competition, from receiving the case problem to presenting the team's solution, happens within two days. Please see the agenda for details.
Who is eligible to compete?
Any full-time university student who is an APICS member is eligible to compete. There are two competition divisions: one for undergraduates and one for graduate students. Most students will have operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering, or an MBA academic background, but this is not a requirement.
Teams must be made up of 2-5 students. There can only be up to three teams from one school. If you are not already an APICS member, you can join online for FREE!
Why should you compete?
- Utilize skills and concepts learned in school.
- Impress your professors and fellow students.
- Compare your educational experiences with other students.
- Add a unique activity to your resume.
- Network with operations management professionals.
- Earn prize money! All teams will receive prize money to help reimburse registration, hotel, and travel costs. Winning teams will receive larger prizes. Minimum prize money per team is $400.
Location: Inland Empire, CA. Hotel: TBD
Cost/Registration Information: Click here
Download 1-page flyer with summary of the event (Not Yet Available)