Teams of students are given a supply chain problem to be solved using a computer simulation game. Teams will develop solutions and then present orally their rationale for the solutions.
Teams will receive the case, complete a practice round and one real round prior to attending the competition. The balance of the case will be completed on-site within 2 days. Please see the agenda for details.
Who is eligible to compete?
Any full-time university student who is an APICS member is eligible to compete. There are two competition divisions: one for undergraduates and one for graduate students. Most students will have operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering, or an MBA academic background, but this is not a requirement.
Teams must be made up of 3-5 students. There can only be up to three teams from one school. If you are not already an APICS member, you can join online for FREE!
Why should you compete?
- Utilize skills and concepts learned in school.
- Impress your professors and fellow students.
- Compare your educational experiences with other students.
- Add a unique activity to your resume.
- Network with operations management professionals.
- Supply chain simulation game is lots of fun and challenging.
- Earn prize money! All teams will receive prize money to help reimburse registration, hotel, and travel costs. Winning teams will receive larger prizes. Minimum prize money per team is $400 but may change, depending on donations received.
Location: Burbank, CA. Hotel: Holiday Inn Burbank-Media Center
Event Cost/Registration Information: Click here
Download 1-page flyer with summary of the event here
Download a PowerPoint file for more information here