APICS is the premier professional association for supply chain and operations management and the leading provider of research, education and certification programs that elevate supply chain excellence, innovation and resilience. APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) and APICS Supply Chain Operations Reference Professional (SCOR-P) designations set the industry standard.
Through more than 300 partners, APICS products and services are delivered to every corner of the world. APICS partners are essential, and their local expertise gives supply chain professionals and organizations the insight and knowledge they need to succeed. APICS is more than 43,000 members strong and affiliation with local chapters and partners is key to helping the profession advance, transforming the way people do business, drive growth and reach global customers.
Teams will receive the case, complete a practice round and one real round prior to attending the competition. The balance of the case will be completed on-site within 2 days. Please see the agenda for details.
FREE) is eligible to compete. There are two competition divisions: one for undergraduates and one for graduate students. Most students will have operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering, or an MBA academic background, but this is not a requirement.
Teams must be made up of 3-5 students. There can only be up to three teams from one school. If you are not already an APICS member, you can join online for FREE!
- Utilize skills and concepts learned in school.
- Impress your professors and fellow students.
- Compare your educational experiences with other students.
- Add a unique activity to your resume.
- Network with operations management professionals.
- Supply chain simulation game is lots of fun and challenging.
- Earn prize money! All teams will receive prize money to help reimburse registration, hotel, and travel costs. Winning teams will receive larger prizes. Minimum prize money per team is $400 but may change, depending on donations received.
Location: Los Angeles, CA.
Event Cost/Registration Information: Click here
Download 1-page flyer with summary of the event here
Download a PowerPoint file for more information here